The critical friend service is a personalised mentoring programme to help you to develop your research work from conception to publication. This service is positive, constructive, and supportive, and is aimed at building your confidence and capacity to produce the highest-quality research publications.
This service is suitable for researchers at all stages, from early career to established academics.
The critical friend service is tailored to your individual needs, and can be conducted in English or Portuguese, as you prefer. The critical friend service may include:
- an initial meeting during which we will discuss your objectives, how to overcome the obstacles that you face, and agree a plan of action;
- a series of follow-up meetings to help you to keep making progress, give you the encouragement and feedback that you need, and agree interim milestones;
- assistance with selecting target publishers and guidance on preparing publication proposals;
- support and guidance as you plan out your project, including discussion of theoretical and methodological approaches, topic, framing and structure;
- critical readings of a publication plan, interim drafts and sections of your work, with feedback and constructive suggestions for improvement;
- a critical reading of the final version of your work before you submit it to the publisher.
The critical friend service can also be adapted to support your career development and grant applications. Due to the extensive time commitment involved in the critical friend service, I only work with one researcher at a time on this programme.
Quotations can be provided in GBP (£), EUR (€) or USD ($). Please contact me to request a quotation or discuss your requirements.