Editing is the crucial final stage of revision before your work goes to press. Good editing will ensure that your work is free of errors, clear and beautifully presented, so that your brilliant ideas shine through.
Copy editing is the final stage of careful revisions and standardisation before the manuscript goes to be typeset.
Manuscript editing is an even more detailed service that will support you to improve the publication at the level of structure and expression.
I will go over your manuscript with great attention to detail to ensure clarity, accuracy, and consistency. This may include:
- formatting the manuscript according to the publisher’s guidelines;
- ensuring clarity of expression, where possible, or flagging up unclear sections for revision;
- correcting errors in spelling, expression, style, usage and grammar;
- checking for factual accuracy and consistency;
- checking for consistency and clarity of argumentation;
- ensuring consistent adherence to the referencing system used (eg. MLA, Chicago, MHRA);
- production of a copyright/permissions log (e.g. for the reproduction of images or extensive quotations).
The copy editing and manuscript editing services are suitable for work that is at an advanced stage in the publication process (final draft/post peer-review). These services are suitable for journal articles, book chapters, monographs and full edited volumes.
Quotations can be provided in GBP (£), EUR (€) or USD ($). Please contact me to request a quotation or discuss your requirements.